10.20.2005

Rolling Stone: "OK, you can have the anointing"

There's a cover story interview with Bono coming out tomorrow, and some excerpts are up. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing, but you could have knocked me over with a feather when I came to his relaxed evocation of a highly technical (and even more highly debatable) Koine Greek vocabulary distinction beloved of a certain segment of Pentecostalism. No, I'm not kidding: Rolling Stone, meet Logos and Rhema.

[EDIT: FYI there is an ongoing podcast of the interview, the first episode of which is over an hour. Also, I can now add that the whole article is a must-read -- for U2 fans and folks committed to Make Poverty History of course, but anyone interested in the general topics of this blog will enjoy seeing how, as usual, even the "secular" parts of the interview aren't secular at all. Perhaps my new favorite line: "I go out drinking with God."]

No comments: