2.20.2004

With or Without You

It's been a quiet week in U2-world, other than a few stories I'm not going to dignify by linking to. I'm talking with some folks about a New England speaking event in May, and some others about interviews, but nothing that's ready to be written about. Plus Lent is coming and my church is launching a new service in 2 weeks, so I have a lot on my mind that's not book-related.

However, here's one thing. Easily the most controversial track on the In the Name of Love Christian U2 tribute CD is the hip-hop Grits cover of "With or Without You." Jesusfreakhideout opined, "Grits desecrates 'With Or Without You', filling it with cliche gibberish." Christianity Today called the track "the only real fumble" on the album, while the Rebel Base memorably wrote, "No. No, no, no, no, NO!"

U2Guatemala has the MP3 and a chance for you to make up your own mind.

No comments: