4.30.2004

Yeah. Me either.

The AP story recapping the Dove Awards, mentions Bono on video saying, "I'm a fan of Nashville, and I'm a fan of gospel music." (USA residents will be able to see for ourselves when the UPN TV network shows the awards on May 28th.) But the clip was a lead-in to a performance by Jars of Clay, and according to the band's site, Bono, front man for rock band U2 and founder of awareness campaign DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa) introduced Jars of Clay's performance by way of video from Dublin, Ireland. The rock legend noted, �As a fan, I don�t think anyone has had a bigger voice than the activists in Jars of Clay. I�ve had their version of the song, 'Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet' in my car for a year now, and you know what, it never has failed me yet. God Bless You.�

If you would like to hear this song, which is a traditional Gospel lyric, CBD's page for the album has a sample in Windows.... or Real. Also, Jars of Clay have commented on how they see the song tying in with their activism in Africa.

No comments: