5.22.2009

Welcome to our new look

As will be immediately evident, I've finally bit the bullet and updated the template for this blog. I'd been resisting doing so for literally years, mostly because of having to switch to the Blogger comment system, thus losing all our internal dialogue going back to 2003 (although I have archived the old comments separately, you will see that every post displays a rather depressing "0" now). However, the downsides of not upgrading finally got to be too much -- permalinks had stopped working, inconveniencing everyone who wanted to link a post, and the old comment system offered virtually no spam protection, making for more and more work for me to keep the comboxes clean. So here we are....

4 comments:

Matt McGee said...

So am I the first commenter on the new blog design? Yay me. :-)

Looks very nice, although privately I'm wishing you had switched to Wordpress on your own domain. Was that an option?

U2 Sermons said...

Matt, I'm sure there are lots of way better ways to do this, but the least amount of work for me (i.e. pushing the orange button that said "upgrade") was the main consideration as far as options went...

Bar L. said...

It looks clean and crisp! I read but rarely comment but wanted to say good job at making the change.

Graham said...

I like the new look- I switched to wordpress, but only managed it as someone did it for me!