7.08.2011

#U2360MTL

I'll be at both Montreal concerts, and have been in town for a few days. I just want to say that I have been to U2 shows in France, 4 venues in the US, Scotland, and Ireland, and I have never seen anything like the thoroughness of planning for the crowds, public dissemination of information/maps, and transportation data that has happened around these shows. Kudos to the city, the STM, and the local planning team. Of course, we'll see how it actually goes down tonight! ...but I feel better informed about every aspect of how things are going to work than I have ever felt heading to a stadium show.

Edit: Just saw this -- Scott Calhoun (I'm guessing) will be on Montreal's CJAD 800 with Dan Laxner at 3:15 Eastern Daylight Time today to talk about the U2 academic conference. Tune in if you're not in the GA line!

No comments: