9.19.2003

I've developed a habit of running searches that brought people to U2 Sermons myself, to see what else they pull up, and somebody was here recently looking for J33-3. (In case they make it back and didn't find it, it's a verse from Jeremiah --"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things that you do not know." When in doubt, check the FAQs.)

Anyway, I think it's pretty common knowledge that the cover of All That You Can't Leave Behind was doctored to cover over the gate sign F21-36 in favor of that Bible reference. But an archive post on a blog called Waving or Drowning pointed something else out, and it's still true: nearly 3 years after the release of the album, Amazon.com continues to display the undoctored version. (Click to enlarge the cover and see.)

No comments: