12.02.2005

"Best to be upfront about these things."

Those of you who get to read the Jan 2006 Man of the Year Q article, along with learning why that jacket says SINNER, will learn a new prayer. I highly recommend it. Here it comes: I don't know what I'm going to do with my life, but if there's a God out there, and I believe there is, and You want me to do something, then I'm ready. I don't have any plans for myself and I'm available for work.
What can you say, really? Other than, "well; no wonder."

Or, given my liturgical heritage, let's expand this to a more traditional matins or vespers versicle-and-response format. Any C of E readers might try chanting it to the Merbecke Great Litany tone, this being a purple season and all.
V: I don't know what I'm going to do with my life, but if there's a God out there, and I believe there is, and You want me to do something, then I'm ready. I don't have any plans for myself and I'm available for work.
R: FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT AND KEEP YOUR HANDS AND FEET CLEAR.


However, the Q interviewer certainly wins the prize for Most Cringeworthy Still-Brandishing-My-Adolescent-Rebellion Religious Question Ever Publicly Asked a U2 Member And Yes That's Counting Cindy Lauper Attacking Bono And Larry Mullen On The Grounds that Christianity Is Too 'Patriarticle.'

No comments: